The Best Non-Alcoholic Cocktails
When alcoholic drinks are off the menu, you need some delicious alternatives! Thirst-quenching, perfect for all ages and a whole lot healthier than the grown-up versions, make sure that you have a selection of these non-alcoholic recipes on offer at your party.
Fresh and Fruity
Carrot and Cranberry CocktailAn ideal concoction for the body-conscious guest.
- 100ml carrot juice
- 100ml cranberry juice
- 2 teaspoons of honey (or 2 teaspoons of sweetener)
Ginger FizzServe in the summer months as a refreshing treat.
- 100ml natural apple juice
- 50ml pear juice
- 100ml ginger ale (diet is acceptable)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 small piece of ginger root
Virgin CaipirinhaThe alcoholic version has a strong kick. This alternative is all sweetness and light.
- Half a lime
- Half a lemon
- Half an orange
- Ginger ale
- Sugar cubes
Rich and Creamy
Tropical DelightBring a bit of Caribbean flavour to your home - without the rum!
- 50ml coconut milk
- 80ml pineapple juice
- 80ml mango juice
- 1 small banana
Lilac LovelyThe pretty colour of this low fat cocktail is reason enough to prepare it. Add to the mix the fact that it is packed with antioxidants and is fairly low in calories and you have a winner!
- 2 generous tablespoons of low-fat plain yoghurt
- 150ml grape juice
- One punnet of fresh blueberries
- Handful of fresh blackberries
Prairie OysterNot for the faint-hearted, this is a famous hangover cure and a drink in its own right: worth trying at least once!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- A sprinkle of salt
- A sprinkle of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- Dash of white wine vinegar